Mizuno Pro 221 Limited Edition Blue Iron Set
Inspired by the iconic blades of Mizuno past – evolved to be more playable through incremental refinements in shape and weight placement. Beveled for the appearance of a shorter face profile and narrower top line – without loss of mass in the upper blade. With dramatically more compact scoring irons than its predecessors. Grain Flow Forged in Hiroshima, Japan, with a soft copper underlay for a uniquely satisfying Mizuno sensation at impact.
PRO 221 BLUE ION IRONS
- Limited Edition Blue Ion construction
- Grain Flow Forged High Density from a single billet of 1025E mild carbon steel in Hiroshima, Japan for unmistakable Mizuno feel during impact
- Optimized graduated tapered blade offers more penetrating ball flight with increasing loft, a fine-tuned sweet spot height and CG distance throughout the set
- Thicker muscle behind impact offers HIT tested sound and feel
- Copper underlay provides incremental softer impact feel
- Narrower, cambered sole designed with input from many players during prototype testing
- Satin and mirror combo finish offer a sophisticated look with reduced glare at address
- Players’ Iron: Smallest, most traditional-looking clubheads; more versatile and less forgiving
- Mizuno Pro 221 Limited Edition Blue Iron Set
- Country of Origin : Imported
- Brand : Mizuno
|Model||Length||Swing Weight||Loft||Lie Angle||Bounce||Offset|
FORGED IN HIROSHIMA JAPAN
One-piece Grain Flow Forged HD from 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel at Mizuno’s iconic facility in Hiroshima, Japan – where Mizuno irons have been produced since 1968.
SOFT COPPER UNDERLAY
A microlayer of copper beneath Nickel Chrome – for the purest, softest feel made famous in the legendary TN87. Reintroduced in 2019.
THICKER BEHIND IMPACT
Mass relocated from the heel area to muscle pad produces a slightly muted sound preferred in our ‘blind’ tour tests.
SHORTER & MORE COMPACT APPEARANCE
Shrewdly bevelled to deliver the appearance of a thinner top edge and shorter head length – without loss of playability.
CONTROLLED SHOT SHAPING
Mizuno’s shortest CG / shaft axis is consistent from 3-PW, allowing controlled fades and draw feels right through the set.
NOTICEABLY SMALLER SHORT IRONS
Following feedback from the tour, 8-PW are dramatically reduced in size – with a heavily taped upper blade to control trajectory.
There are no reviews yet.