Mizuno ST-G Driver
Building on the success of the ST-Z and ST-X drivers and featuring Mizuno’s new SAT2041 Beta Ti face and complex carbon construction to deliver both potent ball speeds and a dense, satisfying sensation at impact, the ST-G220 driver adds unparalleled adjustability to the mix for super-precise fitting.
Mizuno’s ST-G 220 driver has shorter lateral weight tracks allowing a new center/back weight port. The combination of three tracks and two moveable weights mean the ST-G can be transformed from ultra-low spinning bomber to a highly playable mid-spinning option, with fade or draw bias in both Mizuno ST-G Driver.
The evolution to the ST-G220’s weight locations offers a rare combination of both backspin and fade/draw adjustability options. Traditionally, adjustable drivers have been more effective at just one of those tasks. In every setting the ST-G 220 delivers impressive performance from off-center strikes, with consistent feedback across the varying weight positions.
Like the ST-Z and ST-X, the ST-G 220 driver also features Mizuno’s latest SAT2041 Beta Ti face. SAT2041 stands for Super /Alloy /Titanium /20% Vanadium /4% Aluminum/1% Tin and it offers 17% more tensile strength and 8% more flexibility than traditional 6-4Ti.
- Modern Player’s Profile – Deeper faced, shorter back to front but using the full capacity 460cc head size.
- New Multi-thickness CORTECH Face – Refined to maximize the return from Mizuno’s Beta Ti face. Ball speeds most noticeably improved low on the clubface.
- New dual weight center slot – Allows 2 central back weights for deeper CG capability – higher stability, launch and spin.
- Greater draw / fade bias – Increased separation between lateral weight tracks.
- Consistently Solid Feedback – A tighter range of feel and sound across the weight settings.
- Quick Switch Adjustability – 4 degrees of loft adjustability (7-11 degrees) to fine-tune look and trajectory.
- Optimized Wave Sole – Delivers an additional contribution to ball speed from low on the clubface.